Each installer maintainer should fill a review, that the user can read to understand the compatibility level of an installer.
Review example: https://github.com/bottlesdevs/programs/blob/main/Reviews/epicgamestore.md
The review consists of a questionnaire with non-changeable questions:
- Is the program properly opened?
- Is it showing alerts or other warnings?
- Does it show graphical glitches?
- Does it require some tweaking in order to work properly? (Out of normal software configuration)
- Did it crash during tests execution?
- Is it usable?
- Final grade? (the lower evaluation from previous questions)
Each maintainer must answer these questions with a supported grade and possibly add notes.
These are NOT the one declared in ProtonDB, WineHQ or other archives/platforms. Each maintainer should assign the grade based on their own tests.
- Broken: it doesn't work
- Bronze: it works but problems often occur that block the user (for example crashes or serious graphic glitches)
- Silver: it works but there are some small issues that rarely block the user
- Gold: it works but there are some small problems that don't block the user
- Platinum: it works perfectly